Kiltubrid v Glencar Manor

Devaney hat-trick inspires Manor to remain unbeaten

Manor came from eight points down to defeat a spirited Kiltubrid side thanks to a hat-trick from the talismanic Muireann Devaney. It was five wins for five for the reigning champions who had already secured their place in the final.

Devaney scored her first goal from the penalty spot in the 28th minute after she was fouled. Her second goal came in the 37th minute and her third in the 55th minute put Manor ahead for the first time and they were able to hold on to that lead.

It was an entertaining contest played by two very competitive teams. Early points were traded before Killtubrid took control of the game. Aine Redican was very much to the fore. She scored two points and set up a number of scores. Michelle Guckian kicked over five points in the opening half as the home side dominated proceedings.

Manor struggled to get scores as Kiltubrid defended well. A fine move in the 25th minute involving Redican and Guckian saw Kiltubrid open up an eight point lead. Two minutes before the break Devaney was fouled and put away the penalty to leave five between them - 0-9 to 1-1.

A neat point from Aoife McWeeney in the 36th minute saw Kiltubrid go six ahead but a quick free played to Devaney saw her grab her and her side’s second goal. Guckian kicked over two points as Kiltubrid held a two point in the 51st minute.

A free from Devaney in the 54th minute cut the gap to just one point. Momentum was with Manor now. They put pressure on the kick-out and this yielded their third goal with Devaney shooting low to the net. It put them ahead by two points.

Kiltubrid tried to get back into the game. Guckian kicked over another free. She won possession minutes later, her effort hit the post and was finished to the net but there had been a foul on Manor keeper Michelle McNulty and the goal was disallowed.

Manor used their experience in the final minutes as they were able to hold onto possession and see out the game.

Kiltubrid v Sean O’Heslins

Ballinamore leave it late to defeat Kiltubrid

Lily Byrne's point at the end of normal time proved the match winner, as Sean O'Heslins secured a crucial victory this morning.

It looked like Kiltubrid were going to take the victory but 0-4 each by Byrne, Laura O’Dowd and Roisin McHugh, helped kick Ballinamore on their way, Michelle Guckian in great form for Kiltubrid but just not to be their day.

Leading 1-6 to 0-7 at the break Kiltubrid had the slender advantage, Aoibheann Flynn’s goal after three minutes in the second half changed the dynamic of the tie, as Heslins went on for victory.

Guckian started the tie for Kiltubrid with a converted free, Laura O’Dowd and Roisin McHugh kicked two quick points for a 0-2 to 0-1 lead after four minutes. Emma Guckian popped up a short while later to hit a shot into the back of the net, bringing momentum back to the Kiltubrid side.

Michelle Guckian kicked three points in succession from play to extend their lead out to five points, 1-4 to 0-2 by the 13th minute. Lauren Tivan kicked her only score of the tie minutes later, helping add to their advantage.

Byrne ended a 16 minute drought to score the third Heslins score from a dead ball, Guickan and O’Dowd exchanged points, before Ballinamore ended the half with three unanswered points to trail 1-6 to 0-7.

McHugh made it a one score game almost immediately from the restart, Guckian responded to keep the hosts ahead, but it was the strike by Aoibheann Flynn that finally gave Heslins the confidence to drive on.

McHugh O’Dowd and Niamh Donohue all added scores to give them a healthy 1-11 to 1-7 lead by the 41st minute mark, Guckian was on hand again to add another score but they just could not work chances to get their back closer, with Byrne leaving four between them at the end of the third quarter.

Kiltubrid began their comeback when Aisling McWeeney fired into the net leaving a single margin between them, McHugh and Emma Gukcian traded scores as the tie began to come alive. 

Ellen Kenny levelled after 54 minutes, both teams pushed on late for the crucial score, it looked honours even byt Lily Byrne was the herp after 58 minutes, Kiltubrid failing to create a chance late on, Ballinamore with their first win of the season.

Kiltubrid v St. Joseph’s

Kiltubrid post statement of intent with St. Joseph’s victory.

A classic championship tug-of-war clash emerged in Kiltubrid on Sunday morning with the hosts getting some level of revenge for their Senior 'B' Semi Final defeat last season over St. Joseph's with a free scoring encounter between the sides for their first game of the championship season.

Kiltubrid were in control of the game for the most part opening a five point lead after just seven minutes with two Michelle Guckian points sandwiching an Emma Guckian goal before Bronagh O'Rourke would get her side's first score of the game.

All three would feature heavily on the scoresheet throughout as a pattern emerged of the Drumcong side opening a slight gap on the scoreboard before being pulled back by the Senior 'B' Champions.

A goal from Michelle Heslin mid way through the half would draw the sides back to level terms for the first time during the game, Heslin next cancelled out Aisling McWeeney's point before a point from Aine Redican and a goal from Aoife McWeeney would open up another decent gap between the sides.

The final five minutes of the first half was all about the visitors though as two points from O'Rourke and a first half injury time St. Joseph's goal from Aine Heslin would leave Joe's a single point ahead at the interval.

If the first half was exciting the early exchanges of the second would raise the tension even more. Two early points from Emma Guckian and Niamh Tighe turned the game in their favour before Emma Guckian seemed to firmly put the momentum back in Kiltubrid's direction with a goal just two minutes into the second half.

Carmel McGovern wasn't reading from the same script and just a moment later she had the ball in the back of the net to put the minimum between the sides again.

But Michelle Guckian, so often the match winner for club and county, delivered what would turn out to be the fatal blow for her side with 1-2 in five minutes to put seven points between the two sides with twenty minutes left on the clock.

St. Joseph's did respond never gave up fighting, both sides traded scores mainly through Guckian and O'Rourke, but the away side weren't able to pull Kiltubrid back in on the scoreboard for a third time with Kiltubrid securing a vital win in their championship campaign and giving St. Joseph's a mountain to climb in order to reach the Senior Final later this year.

Glencar Manor v Sean O’Heslins

St. Francis v St. Brigid’s

Kiltubrid v Ballinamore Sean O’Heslins

Kiltubrid v Glencar Manorhamilton

Kiltubrid v St. Francis

Kiltubrid v Mohill

Kiltubrid v Glencar Manor