Closing Date: Rolling Applications
FinalWhistle.ie are seeking sports reporters nationwide to join our pool of freelancers to facilitate growth in the capacity of the output of our digital platform.
- The successful candidates will be expected to produce news, match previews, live text updates and match reports. This will require an ability to produce strong copy, identify interesting angles and tell the story of the event in question to the platform’s audience.
- This will involve a combination of in person assignments and covering sporting & press events remotely where such an option exists.
- Timings at sporting events dictates the hours of this role, which will typically require a high level of evening and weekend work.
- Conduct interviews with players, coaches and personalities before, during and / or after sporting events to tell the story of the fixtures.
- The reporter pool will be required to work alongside our editorial team and picture desk and to very strict deadlines.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Have a passion for sports reporting and ideally be currently working in a media role, currently pursuing or have completed a journalism, communications or similar program of study or have a passion for sports and creating media & sharing stories from sports events.
- Ideally have an interest in Irish sport, particularly League of Ireland, All Ireland League Rugby and / or Club & County Gaelic Games across each county in the country.
- Be looking for an opportunity to work as a reporter in the Irish sporting landscape.
- Have great attention to detail and strong ability to fact check.
Please forward your CV, where possible a short video and / or audio showreel or demo and a max of 3 samples of written work to [email protected]
Interviews: Will commence on receipt of application for an immediate start.
Final Whistle is an online sports platform which launched in March 2021 covering Irish sport. To allow us to continue to grow the company is now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to oversee our Advertising Sales.
The platform covers Soccer, Rugby and Gaelic Games at all levels from International to local including but not limited to League of Ireland, Women’s National League, All-Ireland League Rugby, Intercounty and Club Gaelic Games as well as school sports coverage.