FinalWhistle.ie are seeking sports reporters nationwide to join our pool of freelancers to facilitate growth in the capacity of the output of our digital platform.
- The successful candidates will be expected to produce news, match previews, live text updates and match reports. This will require an ability to produce strong copy, identify interesting angles and tell the story of the event in question to the platform’s audience.
- This will involve a combination of in person assignments and covering sporting & press events remotely where such an option exists.
- Timings at sporting events dictates the hours of this role, which will typically require a high level of evening and weekend work.
- Conduct interviews with players, coaches and personalities before, during and / or after sporting events to tell the story of the fixtures.
- The reporter pool will be required to work alongside our editorial team and picture desk and to very strict deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Have a passion for sports reporting and ideally be currently working in a media role, currently pursuing or have completed a journalism, communications or similar program of study or have a passion for sports and creating media & sharing stories from sports events.
- Ideally have an interest in Irish sport, particularly League of Ireland, All Ireland League Rugby and / or Club & County Gaelic Games across each county in the country.
- Be looking for an opportunity to work as a reporter in the Irish sporting landscape.
- Have great attention to detail and strong ability to fact check.
Please forward your CV, where possible a short video and / or audio showreel or demo and a max of 3 samples of written work to [email protected]
Interviews: Will commence on receipt of application for an immediate start.
FinalWhistle.ie launched in early March 2021 and is currently covering the SSE Airtricity League of Ireland & International Football, Energia All Ireland League, United Rugby Championship & Irish Rugby.
We intend launching our Gaelic Games nationwide coverage in early 2022. This will include gaelic football, hurling, ladies football & camogie alongside our existing content of national league rugby and soccer.
With this in mind we are looking to grow our freelance reporter pool to enable us to adequately serve the real time coverage of every game in these competitions in the build up to, during and immediately after games.
FinalWhistle.ie has been selected by Enterprise Ireland as a participant on their New Frontiers Programme for 2021/22. This programme supports innovative business ideas which have the potential to scale internationally.